Entry Deadline: 2pm on October 15 (Online applications will close on October 8) Parade: 3:00 pm on Saturday, October 15, 2022 Parade will proceed, RAIN OR SHINE!
Rules and Regulations
1.No stopping along the parade route to perform, unless prior authorization is given by the Parade Committee. Abbreviated performances will be allowed as the parade stops at random intervals for performances by other parade entries at the designated stops.
2. Walk-up Registration will Start at 12pm and End at 2pm in front of Police Department! Walk-ups after 2pm are not guaranteed entry!
3. Line-up is by 2 PM Sharp in front of Dahlonega Police Department (A volunteer will direct you to your exact location!). Again, entries arriving after 2:00 pm cannot be guaranteed placement in the parade.
4. Groups may arrive at the line-up area after 12:00 noon to assemble and decorate their entries. Please pick up trash and scraps generated by your work.
5.In order to maintain a clean environment in the downtown area, participants are NOT allowed to disperse any pamphlet or other documentation to the audience at the parade site unless they provide people to clean the sidewalks and streets after the parade. They may be billed by the town for clean-up if required. All handouts must be approved by the committee by October 1 if intended to be used.
6. Those individuals riding on floats shall not move around the edges of the float while it is in motion. Children under the age of eight shall be seated on the float and accompanied by an adult on the float.
7.Floats must be short enough (max 30 ft) to safely negotiate turns around the square with sufficient ground clearance (min 12 in) to clear road obstacles. All floats must be of safe construction and of appropriate design for a Gold Rush Days Parade. Floats should enter line-up area from North side of Hwy 60(Near Walmart Light)
8. Equestrian entries WILL NOT BE PERMITTED!
9. Show cars and hot rods are welcome. All vehicles must be operated in a responsible manner. Any activity that creates safety issues for parade participants is strictly prohibited. All vehicles are subject to street laws and street legal guidelines.
10. Beauty pageant winners and first runners-up are eligible for individual cars. All other pageant participants will be allowed to team up on floats.
11. Once the Parade Ends in the college Drill Field Circle, IT IS NOT PERMITTED TO RIDE ON FLOATS ON PUBLIC ROADS! YOU WILL BE TICKETED!!!
12. For Line-up and Parade route information SEE THE MAP
13. Gold Rush Days Festival, Inc. and its Volunteers are not responsible for any accidents along the parade route and you are taking part in the parade at your own risk. All drivers/walkers should use extreme caution!
FOR QUESTIONS CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Parade Committee has the final decision on entrants and Parade positions. We may refuse entry for any float, persons, or activity that we deem inappropriate or potentially harmful.